Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and that is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as full legal name, date of birth, age, full address, city, state/province, country and zip or postal code, but does not include aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined.
Using the Platform: With respect to your use of the Platform, we may collect personal information for the purpose of:
- Facilitating your use of the Platform;
- Registering and/or creating your user account with the Platform;
- Administering and managing the services provided through the Platform and our business operations;
- Providing services requested by you including, without limitation, the Platform;
- Performing statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the Platform so as to improve design and navigation of the Platform and to gather marketing information;
- Detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity as required by any applicable laws, rules or regulations or governmental requirements;
- Complying with legal and governmental requirements;
- Fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you.
- Service Quality & Support: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, or if we contact you in connection with support or other services requested by you, you may be asked for information that identifies you such as your name, email address along with additional information we may need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your request, comment, or complaint. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings. We also use personal information to establish and manage our relationship with you and provide quality service.
Additional Website Information
Sharing of Personal Information
Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to our affiliates and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to, among other things, host our website, to administer surveys, and to manage and analyze data and our advertising effectiveness. Our service providers are given only the information they need to perform their designated functions, and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Your personal information may be maintained and processed by us, our affiliates and other third party service providers in the United States or other jurisdictions whose legal systems do not offer the same protection for your data as the laws of the United States or the jurisdiction of your residence. In the event that personal information is transferred to the United States or other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities in accordance with those laws.
Pequity collects anonymized, aggregate information about healthcare provider attendance, and the number of subscribers to its various care plans. Pequity may transfer such aggregated information to healthcare providers, or to other interested third parties.
Legal and Compliance
We and our service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law or legal processes. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Sale of Business
Personal information may be provided to third parties in connection with a business transaction, including a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Pequity or as part of a corporate reorganization, share or asset sale or other change in corporate control, including for the purpose of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship.
Safeguarding and Retention of Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis to our officers, employees and agents who require access to fulfill their job requirements
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
Access to Personal Information
You have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Third Party Websites
We are responsible only for the personal information under our control. The Platform or parts thereof may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for the privacy policies of or content displayed on such third party websites. When you click on such a link within the Platform or displayed to you through the Platform in connection with your healthcare provider, you may leave the Platform and go to another site or access another site from within the Platform. During this process, another entity may collect personal information from you.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: December 1, 2020